Plugin Author: TipTopPress
WordPress profile: TipTopPress
Last updated: December 18, 2018 (1 month ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 5.0.3
Rating: 5 (out of 5)
Category Posts Widget is a light widget designed to do one thing and do it well: display the most recent posts from a certain category.
Term and Category based Posts Widget
A premium version of that free widget available at tiptoppress.com created for big WordPress sites.
- Post List “Alterations”
- Full background post images
- Masonry (responsive layouts), Grid and Column full page layouts
- More complex ways to filter (ANY, NOT, AND, not include children)
- Custom Post Types, Events, Products support
- All free features
- E-Mail support
- Free trail on localhost
- More examples on the demo pages
- Template to arrange the post details.
- The Template text can be a post details placeholder, plain text, HTML or a font-icons.
- Font-icon support.
- Shortcode (Easily change all Shortcode options in the customizer).
- New date format: Time since plublished
- Filter by post status: Published, scheduled, private.
- Multiple shortcodes at the same site or post.
- Add option for post offset (use two or more widgets after another).
- Add UI buttons in the editor toolbar to insert shortcode.
- Option to touch device friendly “everything is a link”.
- For editing shortcode adds a Customizer link to the admin-bar (“With one click to the Customizer”).
- Set thumbnail width & height.
- Fluid images for Responsive Layouts.
- Option to set mouse hover effects for post thumbnail.
- Set a default thumbnail.
- Hide widget text.
- Option to hide posts which have no thumbnail.
- Option exclude current post.
- Option show post author, comment’s count, post date.
- Multi sites support.
- Full documentation
- Shortcode: Use [catposts] in the content and edit in the customizer
- Formatting date and time: See Formatting Date and Time
While using this plugin if you find any bug or any conflict, please submit an issue at
Github (If possible with a pull request).
Template, placeholder and post detail
Here You can control the Post Detail parts, which appears as part of the post item. All post detail will placed as placeholder. The text in the Template area can be a post details placeholder, plain text, HTML or HTML for SVG icons.
For more layout options please try our premium widget: Term and Category based Posts Widget.
Use SVG icons
For SVG font-icon HTML we recommend the WordPress Dashicons, which are included as default and can be used without any font-icon including.
How to use Page Bilder plugins like Divi, SiteOrigin Page Builder or Elementor
Please read more about Page Builder plugins at our FAQs
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/www/blog/wp-content/plugins/category-posts/cat-posts.php on line 58
Some of the features that were used in that version needs PHP 5.3+.
We apologies for any headache this may cause you, but frankly it is better for you to check with your hosting company how can you upgrade the PHP version that you are using, and not only in order to use this plugin. PHP 5.2 should be considered insecure now, and for your own sake you should upgrade.
PHP 5.2 is very old and any support for it from the php developers had ended more then 5 years ago php.net/eol.php.
We know there are peopel how use PHP 5.2 wordpress.org/about/stats and we can’t imagine this people will have no other problems, if they don’t update.
You check the PHP version with phpversion(), but the widget don’t work
Check also the .htaccess file, if there is an entry for an older PHP version.
Front end of the widget with SVG font-icon support for post formats, hover effects and the Template text-area.
Template to arrange the post details with placeholders.
Edit the widget options with the customizer.
Use shortcode [catposts] in the content.
The widget configuration dialog.
Widget behaviour settings for each user.
Latest Change log entry:
- Fixed Tabs not working
categories, category, posts, posts-widget, widget
+ Jason's Comments
I use this widget for showing recent posts of the same category as the current post.