Plugin Author: twinpictures, baden03
WordPress profile: twinpictures, baden03
Last updated: March 6, 2018 (8 months ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 4.9.8
Rating: 5 (out of 5)
Collapse-O-Matic adds an
[expand title="trigger text"]hidden content[/expand] shortcode that will wrap any content, including other shortcodes, into a lovely jQuery expanding and collapsing div. A complete listing of shortcode options and attribute demos are available, as well as free community support.
- Old-school: upload the
collapse-o-maticfolder to the
/wp-content/plug-ins/directory via FTP. Hipster: Ironically add collapse-o-matic via the WordPress Plug-ins menu.
- Activate the Plug-in
- Add a the shortcode to your post like so:
[expand title="Displayed Title Goes Here"]Hidden content goes here[/expand]
- Test that the this plug-in meets your demanding needs.
- Tweak the CSS to match your flavour.
- Rate the plug-in and verify if it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request, cocktail recipes at https://wordpress.org/tags/jquery-collapse-o-matic/
Where can I translate this plugin into my favourite language?
Community translation for Collapse-O-Matic is available via the WordPress Translation project.
I am a Social Netwookiee, might Twinpictures have a Facebook page?
Yes, yes… Twinpictures is on Facebook.
Does Twinpictures do the Twitter?
Ah yes! @Twinpictures does the twitter tweeting around here.
How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
A complete listing of shortcode options has been provided to answer this exact question.
Is Galato the same as Ice Cream?
No. Not even close.
Hmmm... wonder what happens this text by that arrow is clicked?
Holy Crap! That other text just showed up like magic! Thank you Collapse-O-Matic!
Options Page? Yes, Options Page!
Latest Change log entry:
- jQuery selector for expandanchor no longer needed.
- jQuery selectors look for exact match for targets, preventing multiple targets expanding if the id’s end the same.
- alt tag not used unless alt value is provided
- reworked the way url hashtags are handled to include manual hash changes in url
collapse, collapsible, expand, expandable, expandable content