Plugin Author: Team Updraft
WordPress profile: Team Updraft
Last updated: October 25, 2018 (3 weeks ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 5.0
Rating: 5 (out of 5)
Create powerful, SEO-optimized slideshows in minutes with the world’s #1 slider plugin!
With WordPress’ most popular slider plugin, enhancing your blog or website couldn’t be easier: simply select images from your WordPress Media Library, drag and drop them into place, and then set the slide captions, links and SEO fields all from one page.
Choose one of 4 different slideshow types, and use our provided short-code or template to embed the slideshows.
Apply one of our professional slidehow designs to really make your website stand out.
Included slideshow types:
- Flex Slider 2 – responsive, 2 transition effects, carousel mode
- Nivo Slider – responsive, 16 transition effects, 4 themes
- Responsive Slides – responsive & incredibly light weight
- Coin Slider – 4 transition effects
- Simple, easy to use interface – perfect for individual users, developers & clients!
- Create Responsive, SEO-optimized slideshows in seconds
- Unrestricted support for image slides (supports caption, link, title text, alt text)
- Full width slideshow support
- Drag and drop slide reordering
- Intelligent image cropping
- Set image crop position
- Built in Widget and Shortcode
- Loads of slideshow configuration options – transition effect, speed etc (per slideshow)
- Fully localized
- WordPress Multi Site compatible
- Compatible with translation plugins (WPML, PolyLang & qTranslate)
- Extensive developer API (hooks & filters)
- Free basic support (covering installation issues and theme/plugin conflicts)
- Lightbox support with the MetaSlider Lightbox add-on
* Simple and intuitive interface – perfect for individual users, developers & clients!
* Creatively responsive
* Unrestricted full-width support for image slides, including captions, links, title texts and alt. texts.
* Includes drag and drop slide reordering, intelligent image cropping, set image crop position.
* Multiple slideshow configuration options (e.g. for speed, timing, plus many more!)
* Preview from within the admin area
* Shortcode lets you add the slideshow anyway
* Fully localized
* WordPress Multi-site compatible, and
* compatible with translation plugins (WPML, PolyLang & qTranslate)
* Developer Friendly, with extensive hooks & filters
* Includes free basic support (covering installation issues and theme/plugin conflicts).
The MetaSlider Pro includes added support for:
- YouTube & Vimeo slides
- HTML slides
- Layer slides with CSS3 animations & HTML5 Video backgrounds
- Dynamic Post Feed/Featured Image Slides (content slider)
- Slide scheduling & slide visibility
- Custom Themes – build your own theme
- Thumbnail Navigation
- Premium Support
Read more and thanks to:
Find out more at https://www.metaslider.com
Follow us on Twitter: @wpmetaslider
How do I include a slideshow in the header of my site?
You will need to paste the “Template Include” code into your theme (you can find this in the ‘Usage’ section underneath the slideshow settings)
- Go to Appearance > Editor in WordPress
- Edit a file called ‘header.php’ (or similar)
- Find the correct place to add it (for example above or below the logo)
- Paste in the code and save.
I only want to show the slideshow on my homepage, how can I do that?
Add the ‘restrict_to’ parameter to the shortcode, eg:
[metaslider id=XXX restrict_to=home]");
Theme specific instructions:
It’s not working – what can I do?
Check out the troubleshooting page here:
MetaSlider is cropping my images in the wrong place – what can I do?
MetaSlider - for live demos see https://www.metaslider.com/examples/
Nivo Slider example
Coin Slider example
Flex Slider example
Administration panel - selecting slides
Latest Change log entry:
- FEATURE: Adds 11 new themes users can apply to their slideshows
- FEATURE: Adds ability to preview a slideshow with a theme
- FEATURE: Adds ability for a theme developer to add instructions
- FEATURE: Adds unique images by theme if a user is importing images
- FEATURE: Adds new channel for user feedback
- FIX: Updates unusable filter when attempting to filter slides by type
- FEATURE: Adds new developer filters to adjust slide output/visibility
- FIX: Fixes a bug when babel-polyfil is loaded more than once
- FIX: Adds an extra check for an error before saving the theme
- TWEAK: Adds a title to the theme module
- TWEAK: Adds ability to import images with captions, title, alt and desc. from a theme.
seo, slider, slideshow, widget, wordpress slideshow
+ Jason's Comments
I’ll apply my affiliate commission to support you, if you use my Meta Slider affiliate link to upgrade to Meta Slider Pro – Single Site License which adds support for YouTube & Vimeo slides, HTML slides, Layer slides with CSS3 animations, Dynamic Post Feed/Featured Image Slides (content slider), Custom Themes, Thumbnail Navigation, Premium Support.