Plugin Author: Tips and Tricks HQ
WordPress profile: Tips and Tricks HQ
Last updated: November 8, 2023 (4 weeks ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 6.4.1
Rating: 4 (out of 5)
This plugin offers a few lightweight features to speed up your WordPress site without much hassle.
Far Future Expiry
When the feature is enabled, this plugin will modify your .htaccess file by inserting code which will add expires headers for common static file types.
You can also enable Gzip compression on your site using this plugin. Gzip compression will speed up your WordPress site by compressing the page output and sending it to your visitors browser.
When enabled, the plugin will do gzip compression if the visitor’s browser can handle it.
This feature may conflict with a few other plugins. So disable this feature if you need to use a plugin which doesn’t work with gzip compression.
To use this plugin do the following:
1) Ensure that the “mod_expires” module is enabled from your host’s main configuration file
2) Check with your hosting provider or if you have access to the httpd.conf file the following line should be uncommented:
LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
3) Enable the “Far Future Expiration” checkbox
4) Set the number of days till expiry
5) Select the file types you wish to enable the “far future expiration” feature for by using the checkboxes in the “File Types” section
NOTE: When you use this plugin, the file selected file types are cached in the browser until they expire. Therefore you should not use this on files that change frequently.
More details can be found on the plugin’s documentation page
Latest Change log entry:
- PHP 8.2 compatibility related update.
cache, expires header, expiry, expiry header, far future expiration
+ Jason's Comments
This plug-in modifies a special access file to inform web browsers to use their previously loaded images and files, to speed up page loading. Google Page Speed acknowledges the browser cache reminder as a faster method. Made by Tips and Tricks who have some pretty nifty premium plug-ins.
Website Optimization and Maintenance
There are a few ways to optimize and speed up your website for viewers and search engines: database clean up, image optimization, page / script compression, CPU / server load optimization, server file caching and utilize browser caching.