Plugin Author: Tips and Tricks HQ, Ruhul Amin, mra13
WordPress profile: Tips and Tricks HQ, Ruhul Amin, mra13
Last updated: March 19, 2018 (5 months ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 4.9.8
Rating: 5 (out of 5)
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart allows you to add an ‘Add to Cart’ button for your product on any posts or pages. This simple shopping cart plugin lets you sell products and services directly from your own wordpress site and turns your WP blog into an ecommerce site.
It also allows you to add/display the shopping cart on any post or page or sidebar easily. The shopping cart shows the user what they currently have in the cart and allows them to change quantity or remove the items.
You will be able to create products by using shortcodes dynamically.
The shopping cart output will be responsive if you are using it with a responsive theme.
You can sell digital products via this plugin easily too. The following video shows how you can sell your digital media files using the simple cart plugin:
This plugin is a lightweight solution (with minimal number of lines of code and minimal options) so it doesn’t slow down your site.
It can be integrated with the NextGen Photo Gallery plugin to accommodate the selling of photographs from your gallery.
WP simple PayPal Cart Plugin, interfaces with the PayPal sandbox to allow for testing.
- Easily create “add to cart” button with options if needed (price, shipping, options variations). The cart’s shortcode can be displayed on posts or pages.
- Use a function to add dynamic “add to cart” button directly in your theme.
- Minimal number of configuration items to keep the plugin lightweight.
- Sell any kind of tangible products from your site.
- Ability to sell services from your your site.
- Sell any type of media file that you upload to your WordPress site. For example: you can sell ebooks (PDF), music files (MP3), audio files, videos, photos, images etc.
- Your customers will automatically get an email with the media file that they paid for.
- Show a nicely formatted product display box on the fly using a simple shortcode.
- You can use PayPal sandbox to do testing if needed (before you go live).
- Collect special instructions from your customers on the PayPal checkout page.
- The orders menu will show you all the orders that you have received from your site.
- Ability to configure an email that will get sent to your buyers after they purchase your product.
- Ability to configure a sale notification email that gets sent to the site admin when a customer purchase your item(s).
- Ability to configure discount coupons. Offer special discounts on your store/shop.
- You can create coupons and give to your customers. When they use coupons during the checkout they will receive a discount.
- Create discount coupons with an expiry date. The coupon code automatically expires after the date you set.
- Compatible with WordPress Multi-site Installation.
- Ability to specify SKU (item number) for each of your products in the shortcode.
- Ability to customize the add to cart button image and use a custom image for your purchase buttons.
- Ability to customize the add to cart button text via shortcode parameter on a per product basis.
- Track coupons with the order to see which customer used which coupon code.
- Ability to add a compact shopping cart to your site using a shortcode.
- Ability to show shopping cart with product image thumbnails.
- Ability to use a custom checkout page style.
- Ability to open checkout page in a new browser tab/window.
- Ability to use TinyMCE shortcode inserter to add shortcodes to your posts/pages.
- Works nicely with responsive WordPress themes.
- Can be translated into any language.
- and more…
Shopping Cart Setup Video Tutorials
There is a series of video tutorials to show you how to setup the shopping cart on your site.
Check the video tutorials here.
The following language translations are already available:
- Brazilian Portuguese
You can translate the plugin using this documentation.
- If you are a developer and you need some extra hooks or filters for this plugin please let us know.
- Github repository – https://github.com/Arsenal21/simple-wp-shopping-cart
There are a few exact duplicate copies of this plugin that other people made. We have a few users who are getting confused as to which one is the original simple shopping cart plugin. This is the original simple PayPal shopping cart and you can verify it with the following information:
- Check the stats tab of the plugin and you will be able to see a history of when this plugin was first added to WordPress.
- Check the number of downloads on the sidebar. The original plugin always gets more downloads than the copycats.
- Check the number of ratings. The original plugin should have more votes.
- Check the developer’s site.
To add an ‘Add to Cart’ button for a product, simply add the shortcode [wp_cart_button name=”PRODUCT-NAME” price=”PRODUCT-PRICE”] to a post or page next to the product. Replace PRODUCT-NAME and PRODUCT-PRICE with the actual name and price.
To add the ‘Add to Cart’ button on the sidebar or from other template files use the following function:
Replace PRODUCT-NAME and PRODUCT-PRICE with the actual name and price.
To add the shopping cart to a post or page (eg. checkout page) simply add the shortcode [show_wp_shopping_cart] to a post or page or use the sidebar widget to add the shopping cart to the sidebar. The shopping cart will only be visible in a post or page when a customer adds a product.
Using Product Display Box
Here is an exmaple shortcode that shows you how to use a product display box.
[wp_cart_display_product name=”My Awesome Product” price=”25.00″ thumbnail=”http://www.example.com/images/product-image.jpg” description=”This is a short description of the product”]
Simply replace the values with your product specific data
Using a compact shopping cart
Add the following shortcode where you want to show the compact shopping cart:
- To use shipping cost for your product, use the “shipping” parameter. Here is an example shortcode usage:
[wp_cart_button name=”Test Product” price=”19.95″ shipping=”4.99″]
or use the following php function from your wordpress template files
Using Variation Control
- To use variation control use the variation parameter in the shortcode:
[wp_cart_button name=”Test Product” price=”25.95″ var1=”VARIATION-NAME|VARIATION1|VARIATION2|VARIATION3″]
example usage: [wp_cart_button name=”Test Product” price=”29.95″ var1=”Size|small|medium|large”]
- To use multiple variation for a product (2nd or 3rd variation), use the following:
[wp_cart_button name=”Test Product” price=”29.95″ var1=”Size|small|medium|large” var2=”Color|red|green|blue”]
[wp_cart_button name=”Test Product” price=”29.95″ var1=”Size|small|medium|large” var2=”Color|red|green|blue” var3=”Sleeve|short|full”]
- Unzip and Upload the folder ‘wordpress-paypal-shopping-cart’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings of this plugin and configure the options (for example: your email, Shopping Cart name, Return URL etc.)
- Use the shortcode to add a product to a post or page where you want it to appear.
Can this plugin be used to accept paypal payment for a service or a product?
Does this plugin have shopping cart
Can the shopping cart be added to a checkout page?
Does this plugin has multiple currency support?
Is the ‘Add to Cart’ button customizable?
Does this plugin use a return URL to redirect customers to a specified page after PayPal has processed the payment?
How can I add a buy button on the sidebar widget of my site?
Check the documentation on how to add buy buttons to the sidebar
Can I use this plugin to sell digital downloads?
Yes. See the digital download usage documentation
Can I configure discount coupon with this shopping cart plugin?
Yes. you can setup discount coupons from the “Coupon/Discount” interface of the plugin.
Can I configure product sale notification so I get notified when a sale is made?
Yes. You can configure sale notification from the “Email Settings” interface of the plugin.
Can I modify the product box thumbnail image?
Can I customize the format of the price display?
Can the customers be sent to a cancel URL when they click “cancel” from the PayPal checkout page?
Latest Change log entry:
- The order date is now included in the exported CSV file.
- Updated the German language file. Thanks to Oliver Juwig.
- Updated some CSS code to not show border in the cart.
- Updated the checkout button image.
cart, Paypal shopping cart, sell, shopping cart, WordPress shopping cart
+ Jason's Comments
About hubway: web design byron bay
I provide domain name registration, web hosting, Paypal integration, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Website Page Speed Optimization & Website Maintenance in the Byron Bay area and surrounding towns.
I highly recommend client testimonials on websites. Testimonials can be featured with product samples in a slideshow. Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg was quoted as saying that a trusted referral was the Holy Grail of advertising.