Plugin Author: Designmodo
WordPress profile: Designmodo
Last updated: October 13, 2017 (4 months ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 4.8.5
Rating: 5 (out of 5)
Add a maintenance page to your blog that lets visitors know your blog is down for maintenance, or add a coming soon page for a new website. User with admin rights gets full access to the blog including the front end.
Activate the plugin and your blog is in maintenance-mode, works and only registered users with enough rights can see the front end. You can use a date with a countdown timer for visitor information or set a value and unit for information.
Also works with WordPress Multisite installs (each blog from the network has it’s own maintenance settings).
- Fully customizable (change colors, texts and backgrounds);
- Subscription form (export emails to .csv file);
- Countdown timer (remaining time);
- Contact form (receive emails from visitors);
- Coming soon page;
- Landing page templates;
- WordPress multisite;
- Responsive design;
- Social media icons;
- Works with any WordPress theme;
- SEO options;
- Exclude URLs from maintenance.
Bugs, technical hints or contribute
Please give us feedback, contribute and file technical bugs on GitHub Repo.
- Unpack the download package
- Upload all files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, include folders
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to
Settingspage, where you can change what settings you need (pay attention to Exclude option!)
How to use plugin filters
See [GitHub Repo] (https://github.com/Designmodocom/WP-Maintenance-Mode) FAQ.
Cache Plugin Support
WP Maintenance Mode can be unstable due the cache plugins, we recommend to deactivate any cache plugin when maintenance mode is active.
If you change your login url, please add the new slug (url: http://domain.com/newlogin, then you should add: newlogin) to Exclude list from plugin settings -> General Tab.
Maintenance Mode example
Maintenance Mode example #2
Dashboard General settings
Dashboard Design settings
Dashboard Modules settings
Latest Change log entry:
- new hook (
wpmm_after_body) in maintenance mode template (thanks @ Karolína Vyskočilová)
- pt_PT (portuguese) language update (thanks @ Pedro Mendonça)
- maintenance mode template can also be loaded from theme/child-theme folder (thanks @ Florian Tiar and Lachlan Heywood)
- new hooks for contact form (if you want to add new fields):
- new hook for contact form validation (if you want to validate new fields):
- new hooks for contact form template (if you want to display new fields):
- small css fix for contact form (thanks @ frontenddev)
coming soon, launch page, maintenance, maintenance mode, website maintenance