Plugin Author: Designmodo
WordPress profile: Designmodo
Last updated: January 18, 2022 (2 days ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 5.9
Rating: 5 (out of 5)
Add a maintenance page to your blog that lets visitors know your blog is down for maintenance, or add a coming soon page for a new website. User with admin rights gets full access to the blog including the front end.
Activate the plugin and your blog is in maintenance-mode, works and only registered users with enough rights can see the front end. You can use a date with a countdown timer for visitor information or set a value and unit for information.
Also works with WordPress Multisite installs (each blog from the network has it’s own maintenance settings).
- Fully customizable (change colors, texts and backgrounds);
- Subscription form (export emails to .csv file);
- Countdown timer (remaining time);
- Contact form (receive emails from visitors);
- Coming soon page;
- Landing page templates;
- WordPress multisite;
- Responsive design;
- Social media icons;
- Works with any WordPress theme;
- SEO options;
- Exclude URLs from maintenance;
- Bot functionality to collect the emails in a friendly and efficient way;
- GDPR Ready;
Bugs, technical hints or contribute
Please give us feedback, contribute and file technical bugs on GitHub Repo.
Developed by Designmodo
Check out our Snippet Library.
WP Maintenance Mode can be unstable due to the cache plugins; we recommend deactivating any cache plugin when maintenance mode is active. If you really want to use a cache plugin, make sure you delete the entire cache after each change.
If you change your login url, please add the new slug (url: http://domain.com/newlogin, then you should add: newlogin) to Exclude list from plugin settings -> General Tab.
wp-cron.php is excluded by default.
Maintenance Mode Example
Maintenance Mode Example #2
Dashboard General Settings
Dashboard Design Settings
Dashboard Modules Settings
Dashboard Bot Settings
Latest Change log entry:
- Misc: 900 000 Active Installs Celebrations!
- Misc: WordPress 5.9 compatibility
- Fix: jQuery UI CSS theme reference from jQuery CDN
- Misc: Text fixes in the dashboard
admin, administration, coming soon, maintenance mode, unavailable