Plugin Author: Khang Minh
WordPress profile: Khang Minh
Last updated: September 13, 2015 (2 years ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 4.0.22
Rating: 5 (out of 5)
Allows you to combine and minify your CSS and JS files to improve page load time. This plugin uses the PHP library Minify and relies on WordPress’s enqueueing system rather than the output buffer, which respects the order of CSS and JS files as well as their dependencies. BWP Minify is very customizable and easy to use.
Useful resources to help you get started and make the most out of BWP Minify
- Uses enqueueing system of WordPress which improves compatibility with other plugins and themes
- Allows you to move enqueued files to desired locations (header, footer, oblivion, etc.) via a dedicated management page
- Allows you to change various Minify settings (cache directory, cache age, debug mode, etc.) directly in admin
- Allows you to use friendly Minify urls, such as
- Allows you to use CDN for minified contents, one CDN host for JS and one for CSS with SSL support
- Allows you to split long Minify strings into shorter ones
- Offers various way to add a cache buster to your minify string such as WordPress’s version, Theme’s version, Cache folder’s last modified timestap, etc.
- Supports script localization (
- Supports inline styles
- Supports RTL stylesheets
- Supports media-specific stylesheets (e.g. ‘screen’, ‘print’, etc.)
- Supports conditional stylesheets (e.g.
<!--[if lt IE 7]>)
- Provides hooks for further customization
- WordPress Multi-site compatible
Please don’t forget to rate this plugin 5 shining stars if you like it, thanks!
Get in touch
- Support is provided via BetterWP.net Community.
- Follow and contribute to development via Github.
- You can also follow me on Twitter.
- Check out latest WordPress Tips and Ideas from BetterWP.net.
- English (default)
- Romanian (ro_RO) – Thanks to Luke Tyler, International Calling Cards!
- Turkish (tr_TR) – Thanks to Hakan E
- French (fr_FR) – Thanks to Sebastien
- Italian (it_IT) – Thanks to Gabriele – http://cookspot.it
- Spanish (es_ES) – Thanks to Ruben Hernandez – http://usitility.com/
- Dutch (nl_NL) – Thanks to Martijn van Egmond
- German (de_DE) – Thanks to Matthias
- Serbo-Croatian (sr_RS) – Thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic – Web Hosting Hub
- Indonesian (id_ID) – Thanks to Nasrulhaq Muiz – http://al-badar.net
- Russian (ru_RU) – Thanks to Эдуард Валеев
Please help translate this plugin!
- Upload the
bwp-minifyfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress. After activation, you should see three menus of this plugin on your left.
- Configure the plugin.
- Make sure the
cachefolder is writable, by
CHMODit to either
777, depending on which one works for you.
- For Advanced Configuration, take a look at BWP Minify Advanced Usage.
Latest Change log entry:
* Fixed an issue with wrong `min/config.php` file.
+ Jason's Comments
There are a few ways to optimize and speed up your website for viewers and search engines: database clean up, image optimization, page / script compression, CPU / server load optimization, server file caching and utilize browser caching.